Tuesday, March 4, 2008

3 weeks and oh so tired!

Well another week has passed and I am just as excited as I was the first day... :) This weekend 4 of us went to a class on Autism and what we learned there was awesome. I am thinking ,and have thought, I really wanted to get in to Special Education. I know that this is the field where I would like to get my Master's and to teach. Working with these children is incredible and today proved it.

I am totally exhausted though, and with school midterms fast approaching, realizing just how much this can take out of you. :) I am still aiming for a 4.0 and knock on wood, it looks like that could happen... On the other side, this may sound awful in some sense, but it is the truth, working has brought something about in me. I love being a Mom and Wife and I do think that is the most important thing I could be, but this is just adding that much more to our world. The world is made up of all different types and how wonderful it is to be able to share that with Hannah.

Hannah gets to come to work with me (schools have different schedules) occasionally and she enjoys interacting with the students. She is learning more and more acceptance of others and everyones 'normal' is different.

Anyways, I could go on and on and on, but I am starting to ramble and we don't want that. :) We will post soon!
Love to you all and have a fabulous rest of the week!

2 comments:

Bobbie said...

Windy, you will make an excellent teacher and are well on you way to becoming one. Your life will change in so many ways, ways that you can't even imagine now. Bless you and bless Hannah for making this trip with you.

Debi said...

Aim for that 4.0! But sounds like 4.0 or not, you are getting a perfect education -- one that excites, exhausts, and inspires you.

I'm so glad you found this special calling. When I was in Lebanon I volunteered at a school for special needs children, that had to have been 35 years ago now. But I still remember clearly the day I participated in a field trip to the country with them. Their joy knew no bounds. And mine right along with them. I don't know much about Autism, but I bet it will be extremely rewarding (and challenging) for you. What a great life!