Saturday, February 23, 2008

The weekend is here!!

My 8 hour teaching math class was canceled for today, YAY!! I love this class and teacher, so it's not excitement of missing this class, but I am tired and need this weekend to regroup and start my research paper. This week went great!! I did realize that working with my two students does take a lot of my energy (physical as well as emotional). This has inspired me to take my vitamins and eat right and exercise, building up stamina is the key right now. :)

I have done some reading on helping these two and wow, I knew this was going to be my cup of tea (or least for right now), but realizing I can be a voice for children in this way is amazing. I am learning so much and feel that 3 years of going to school is paying off. ;) To know I have retained what I have learned and able to apply it is so awesome. I want to make sure to keep up my spirit and not let some of the red tape get me down. Having been there only 3 days, I see how the red tape can wear you down, but what did that the little old ant say, “he’s got high hopes, high apple pie in the sky”, that’s me today.

I know that I am running on adrenaline right now and my brain is going to, at some point, rebel. So let me say this now… sorry for any grammar mistakes, spelling errors, lack of making sense and all that goes with a brain short fusing. :) Well, we are off to the “big” city to do a little shopping and take Grandpa to the Art store…. hope you all have a great weekend!!!

2 comments:

Bobbie said...

It is joyful to me to see you so excited about teaching. You will make a difference in children's lives. I still remember some of the things my teachers taught me, not not just about school work either. I can see that you are going to be the best teacher ever.

Debi said...

Your enthusiasm is going to be contagious to those future students of yours, I have no doubt. What a teacher you are going to be. And like my mom wrote above, I too still remember teachers that had the gift-- the gift like you do -- lo these many years later.

Do take good care of yourself. Don't want to burn out before you get your degree. Too many students out there that are just waiting for their inner light to be lit by you.