Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Welcome to my Journey!


I recently have had a request to start a blog about my journey... called college. I have emailed some of you about this journey, as well as have had in depth phone conversations about the feelings, emotions and thoughts it has provoked.

WOW! What a journey it has been and will continue to be... the personal growth and change that has occurred is mind boggling to me. AAAwwww, expanding the mind, how sweet it is.

The next step in this journey has been picking out the University to finish my B.A., Masters, and one day, the Ph.D I hope to earn. Let me just say this... From the very beginning Hannah (and Todd) have been my first priority and college has had to fit "our" schedule. This has been easy sometimes and very nerve racking other times. I have been very fortunate to have been able to schedule classes when Hannah is in school, eeerrrrrr!!, except this semester. I had two evening classes and this has left me scrambling for a solution. Ergo, the solution for more than a semester, the rest of my College career!

Hannah has been graciously excepted to join in these two classes. She is learning right along me and what a joy it has been, but that may not always be possible. The one thing I have said all the long is, "There has to be a college that would allow me to be the mom I want/need to be and be the college student I know I can be" and oh, how I have prayed about this.
I found it and oh what a joy! Not only will this school allow me to be the Mom and Wife I am, but the Student I am and want to be. They do this by local mentor teaching and a more relaxed class format. I see the light at the end of the first tunnel, yay!!


I loved the title of a paper written by Jamie Katner "Education is a journey not a destination"... There could not be a truer statement.


Welcome everyone! This is the first installment in many more to come.

No comments: